English Service | 09:30am – 10:45am
Live stream at www.vcefc.org/1033/worship1
Register for in-person worship here
Children’s Worship | Available in-person and online1
Sunday School | 11:30am – 12:30pm in-person and on zoom1
Cantonese Service | 11:30am – 12:45pm3
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm3
1 In combination of online or in-person until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Suspended until further notice.
3 Change to online until further notice. Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Community prayer is online every Wednesday, 7:30pm via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at www.VCEFC.org/1033/prayer
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- Welcome! If you’re new to our online service here, welcome to our church! If you’re able to stay on in the Zoom meeting after today’s service, we would love to meet you. Also, if you’d like, please email us at email@example.com so that someone from the care team can reach out to you.
- 2022 yearly theme is “Rise up and build!” (Nehemiah 2:18).
- The church is having the installation ceremony for the board and congregational committees today.
- Church Board
Chair: Rich Ng
Vice-Chair /Secretary: Ronne Wan
Treasurer: Patrick Chan
Missions: Ada Fok
Christian Education / ESCC Liaison: Herbert Lee
- Personnel Committee
Chair: Hansel Wang
Chair / Community Events: Brenda Chew
Vice Chair / Worship: C.E. Chen
Fellowships / Worship: Darren Lau
Treasurer / Secretary: Jonathan Lo
Congregational Care: Jonathan Chan
Outreach / Mission Liaison: Catherine Ip
Small Groups / Christian Education Liaison: Lawrence Tung
Chair: Yeda Hong
Vice Chair / Evangelism: Nancy Luk
Evangelism: Sarah Chan
Secretary / Membership: Jessie Chen
Membership: Keith Kwan
Sacred Music & Worship: Christina Lee, Arthur Wan
Sunday School/Library: Nancy Lee
Fellowship: David Chan
- Our Administrator, Rebecca Kwong, is currently on sick leave due to illness which may involve a surgical procedure. She will not be able to return to the office in the foreseeable future. Please pray for Rebecca’s physical and spiritual health as she receives her medical treatments. In the meantime, please contact Hansel Wang and Peter Lai for any administrative matters.
- Please see new update from CRT for COVID guidelines here.
- In-person Sunday Worship Starting January 2nd, we will move our in-person worship service back to the main sanctuary. This will allow us at 50% capacity, a cap of 120 people. online registration will still be required for contact tracing purpose. To accommodate the sanitization of high touch areas between ESC and CSC services, we will move up our worship start time by 15 minutes to 9:30am and end at 10:45. Sunday School semester has began and will run until the end of February.
- Pastor Joseph is on an educational enrichment leave for the next three months and will return in the April. Feel free to approach our ESCC chair, Brenda Chew, or our youth director, Christopher Chu for any questions or concerns.
- Adult Sunday School: The new semester has began and will run until the end of February. The two classes that are being offered are “Basic Christian Ethics” taught by Hansel Wang and New Testament Survey by YC Ip. Please log onto the church website for more information and to sign up for class.
- The Church Board has resolved to make Monday as a day of rest for all staff due to their ministries during the weekend. The church office is now closed on Mondays. For urgent matters, brothers and sisters are asked to contact the pastoral staff directly. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
- Community prayer time will resume back to meeting every Wednesday night at 7:30. Join us in praying as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
- In addition to the regular prayer meetings on Wednesday, we invite you in praying for Mission and Evangelism on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 to 8:30pm
- Small groups and Fellowships are available for all ages and life stages, from teens through college, adults and career, all the way to retired seniors. For more information on our various fellowships and small groups please visit our church website under the “Get Connected” section on the menu tab, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Just a friendly reminder that Journey Fellowship will be having an online gathering this afternoon at 4:30pm for a “5 Step Master Class” basically a show n tell for how to do something neat.
- Welcome Team for Hong Kong Newcomers has recently been established in order to welcome and show hospitality to both fellow Christians and friends who immigrate or return to Canada from Hong Kong. If you have family or friends who have recently moved to or are planning to move to Vancouver, looking for church or some assistance, please feel free to contact Pastor Job Chan (email@example.com) or Yeda Hong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/100847038934841/
- 2 full time positions is open for hire: Building and Facility Maintenance Support, and Janitorial Support. For details, please click on this link: http://www.vcefc.org/1033/new-job-opportunities/.
- ONLINE OFFERING: As our church has temporary suspended all gatherings and moved our weekly worship services online during the COVID-19 pandemic, you have the option to give your offering through Interac e-transfer. You can still mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- CONTACT US: We know that this can be a difficult and distressing time for some. If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
PRAYER ITEMS: Click Here
- Please pray that during the application review process that the PSC continues to be sensitive to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
- Please also pray for the pastoral candidates themselves as they undergoing the application review process that they continue to receive discernment and encouragement to where God is leading to serve next.
- Please email your prayer requests to Pastor Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating if they are private or to be posted.
- Join us every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm to pray as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
Office Hours: Tue – Sun, 9 am – 4:30 pm