English Service | Available online1
Children’s Worship | Available online1
Sunday School | 10:45am – 11:45am on zoom1
Cantonese Service | 08:15am – 09:30am3
Cantonese Service | 11:15am – 12:30pm3
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm3
1 Change to online until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Suspended until further notice.
3 Change to online until further notice. Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Please join us in prayer online every Sunday, 12 pm noon via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at https://zoom.us/j/446506289
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- VCEFC In-person Worship Restart Survey. As British Columbia is currently in phase 3 of our province’s restart plan, the leadership of our church is currently working on a safe and responsible way to return some in-person ministries to the church, including Sunday worship for our three congregations. We ask for your patience and prayers for wisdom as we address the many logistic and safety elements that need to be in place before our return. Please assist our planning process by filling out a short survey regarding your comfort level and worship schedule preferences for returning to in-person worship at church here. Your feedback is valuable as we plan for the safe return of small church gatherings and other church programs.
- Memorial Service for Teacher Verna Aspray. Last week, we announced Teacher Verna’s passing on to be with the Lord. Her memorial service is scheduled for next Sunday, September 20th, at 4pm on Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83993143494). For those who wish to make a donation in Verna’s memory, you may do so online, as follows:
1. Go to https://omf.org/ca/get-involved/give/support-a-worker/ and find “Donate to a Worker” near the bottom of the page;
2. For “Fund” choose “00 – In Memory of Verna Aspray”;
3. Fill in the rest of the information as requested and submit.
- On behalf of the Church, the Board would like to thank brother Gary Ng for his faithful service for the last 6 years. Brother Gary retired as of September 1. He had done an outstanding job in keeping the church premises clean and tidy for the convenience of all brothers and sisters day in and day out. We wish him the best and his retirement years be filled with joy in the Lord.
- We would like to welcome Pastor Johnny Mak as he begins his ministry in our Chinese Speaking Congregation on September 2. As he has just arrived from Calgary, he will quarantine himself for two weeks. But you may be able to greet him when you see him on-line in various ministry programs. Daisy, Pastor Johnny’s wife, will be joining him here later in the year.
- We would like to welcome Christopher Chu (and his wife, Sunnie) as he officially begin his ministry in our English Speaking Congregation on September 2. Christopher will be ministering among the younger members of our congregation, particularly Timothy and Daniel Fellowships and Sunday school.
- Awana Registration: Registration for Awana this year, which will be all online meetings, is now open for registration until Monday August 31, 2020 at 11:59pm). Registration fee is $10 for returning clubbers (kids who were registered with us last year) and $30 for new clubbers (kids who have never registered with us before). For more information, registration and payment options, please click here go to the Awana page
- Fall Online Sunday School: Fall online Sunday school semester will begin on September 6, 2020. There are three classes available for enrolment. 1. The Subversion of Christianity II / Philemon – Hansel Wang 2. Galatians – YC Ip 3. Missions – Pastor Joe. All the classes will held every Sunday morning on Zoom at 10:45 am. Please click here for more information and course outline.
- POSITIONS OF ACTING CONGREGATIONAL PASTORS FOR CSC AND ESC: To meet the immediate pastoral needs for both congregations, Pastor Job and Pastor Joe have graciously accepted the Board’s appointments, effective mid May, to be the acting congregation pastors for CSC and ESC respectively. They will remain in this capacity until such time the permanent positions are filled. Let us join the Board in giving continual support, in cooperation and prayer, for Pastor Job and Pastor Joe. May the Lord bless them with joy as they serve the Church during this difficult time.
- ONLINE OFFERING: As our church has temporary suspended all gatherings and moved our weekly worship services online during the COVID-19 pandemic, you have the option to give your offering through Interac e-transfer. You can still mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME: Please join us in prayer online every Sunday, 12 pm noon via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at https://zoom.us/j/446506289
- CONTACT US: We know that this can be a difficult and distressing time for some. If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
- NEWS FROM VCEFC CRITICAL RESPONSE TEAM: Although the BC Government’s mandate for social distancing for covid-19 continues to loosen, worship service will continue to be online through until August. We will be emailing out a survey in the next couple of weeks as part of our Critical Response Team’s process of devising a plan to safely transition some of ministries back to church.We are however allowing official fellowships and small groups to gather in groups up to six people at outdoors venues and groups of threes in homes while still taking safety precautions such as not sharing food, physical distancing, face masks and frequent hand washing.Please continue to check the CRT page on our website for guidelines and updates on how our various ministries will be moving forward. For more information click here.
- WEEKLY OFFERING UPDATE: