English Service | 09:30am – 10:45am
Children’s Worship | 09:30am – 10:45am
Sunday School | 11:30am – 12:30pm
in-person and on zoom1
| Saturday 4:00pm – 5:15pm3
| Sunday 11:30am – 12:45pm3
Mandarin Service |11:15am – 12:30pm3
1 In combination of online or in-person until further notice. Please refer to our latest online sermon and news.
2 Suspended until further notice.
3 Please refer to our Chinese website.
ONLINE COMMUNITY PRAYER TIME
Community prayer is online every Wednesday, 7:30pm via ZOOM. Download the app and pray with us at www.VCEFC.org/1033/prayer
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Click Here
- Welcome! If you’re new to our worship service, welcome to our church! You are invited to stay for snacks and refreshment at the Fellowship Hall after today’s service. If you like us to connect with you, please email us at email@example.com so that someone from the care team can reach out to you.
- The result of November 27’s Special General Meeting is the affirmation and calling of
1. Pastor Janie Chan for the position of CSC Assistant Pastor;
2. Pastor Thomas Xu for the position of MSC Assistant Pastor
3. Pastor Job Chan for the position of CSC Associate Pastor;
- ESC Christmas Potluck – Saturday December 10 @ 6:30pm
We will be collecting non-perishable food items and donation for the Vancouver Food bank.
Help needed for: Decorations, Games and Activities, Setup & Clean Up
Sign up is now open!
- Our Mission Committee , in collaboration with the 3 congregational committees , plans to reach out to our neighbours by holding a Christmas celebration for them on December 18th, 4pm to 7pm. We will have a variety of activities for different age groups, and will be serving hotdogs, snacks and hot drinks. Please pray for this event and invite our neighbours to come.
- Winter Conference – Date: Dec 27-31 at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel.
Main English Adult Speaker: Dr. Gordon Smith
Sign up @ www.CCCWC.ca
- Thank you to everyone that attended our General Meeting. All the nominees for the Deacon Board and Congregational Committees have been confirmed and elected into their respective positions.
– Ada Lam
– Christina Lai
– Chung Yan Ip
– Patrick Chan
– Martin To
– Cherry Ngai
– Joel Yung
– David Chan
– Deb Lum
– Ivan Wan
– Geoffrey Chum
– Edwin So
– Sam Keung
- Join the Christmas Service Choir: Practice Sunday afternoons in November and December. Contact Darren Lau for more information and to join.
- Thank you to all the fellowships and everyone for making our Kids’ Nite / Nite Market such a successful and fun event! We raised $1162.95 for Jacob’s Well, a Christian based non-profit located in the Downtown Eastside that befriends and works with those who are in the margins of society.
- You can download our bulletin and reflection questions for today’s service either through the QR code on screen or through the church’s website at VCEFC.org.
- We will start our new Winter Sunday School semester on December 4th. The two courses being offered are “The books of Ruth and Jonah” being taught by Pastor Joe, and “Revelation” by YC Ip, More information will be on the church website. Please go to the website to register.”
- Are you looking for ways to exercise your gifts and to serve the Lord in our church community? We invite you to go to our church’s website to take a look at the descriptions of the various service opportunities available and instruction on how to get involve in our
ministry teams. The direct link is http://www.vcefc.org/1033/serve
- The Church Administrator position has been posted in the career section of the church website and with some selected Christian education institutions.
- For ministries, fellowships and small groups to have meetings in Church, please inform the office by email at least one week ahead to book rooms. Room availability can be checked in our website. Please click “Room Booking” under “Contact Us” in the main menu.
- News from VCEFC Critical Response Team – Changes to VCEFC Safety Protocols starting April-8.
• No capacity limits of worship services and meetings at church facilities. Individual minstry teams (e.g. children’s worship, Awana Club, etc.) can still set their own capacity limits as they see fit.
• No requirement of pre-registration for in-person worship services.
• No requirement of checking proof of vaccination at all gatherings.
• No requirement of providing contact information when visiting church.
• Mask wearing remains mandatory for everyone 5 years or older.
• Anyone tested positive for Covid-19 or have symptoms of Covid must stay home for 10 days, with no fever and symptoms subsides.
- Small groups and Fellowships are available for all ages and life stages, from teens through college, adults and career, all the way to retired seniors. For more information on our various fellowships and small groups please visit our church website under the “Get Connected” section on the menu tab, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ONLINE OFFERING: At this time you have the option to give your offering in person or through Interac e-transfer. You can also mail your cheques, or drop off your offering at the church. For further instruction on how to give online, click here.
- CONTACT US: We know that this can be a difficult and distressing time for some. If you have any needs, concerns or prayer requests, we want to hear from you. You can connect with the church through email at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 254-1242.
PRAYER ITEMS: Click Here
- Please pray that during the application review process that the PSC continues to be sensitive to the guiding of the Holy Spirit.
- Please also pray for the pastoral candidates themselves as they undergoing the application review process that they continue to receive discernment and encouragement to where God is leading to serve next.
- Please email your prayer requests to Pastor Joe (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating if they are private or to be posted.
- Join us every Wednesday night at 7:30 pm to pray as a community for our church, our city and the world. https://zoom.us/j/446506289
Office Hours: Tue – Sun, 9 am – 4:30 pm