Contact: Martin To, Awana Ministry Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Awana is an international children’s club for all qualified churches, designed for children starting from age 3 up to high school. The mission of Awana clubs is to reach boys and girls with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and train them to serve Him.
Why the Bible?
We are living in a world in which our children are facing a lot of temptation, with more difficult choices to make than ever before. Awana is a Bible-based program with the goal of establishing firm Biblical foundations, which will then provide direction to the lives of children and help them make the right choices in life.
In our church we are currently offering this program from September to the following June for children from Preschool (age 3) to Grade 6. Our Awana is open for children of both members and non-members of our church. The language of instruction is English. Children and leaders in regular attendance must wear their Awana uniforms to meetings as a way to foster discipline and unity. Punctuality is also part of the Club’s rules.
- There are 3 clubs at the VCEFC Awana:
- Cubbies (Preschoolers)
- Sparks (Kindergarten to Grade 2)
- Truth & Training (Grade 3 to Grade 6)
(Children must reach the age of 3 by September to join Cubbies Club)
There are four main sessions to each weekly meeting of Awana:
- Council/Large Group Time
During singing time, children learn age-appropriate songs and are taught the meaning and purpose of worship. In council/story time, children are told stories which are biblically based during Council/Story Time. In Handbook Time, children learn, memorize and apply God’s Word and biblical knowledge using specially designed Awana handbooks. During Games Time, children and leaders are involved in fun games and play which allow them to interact with each other further via cooperation, cheering, and physical activities.
We also hosts special events throughout the year such as Scavenger Hunts, Theme days, Grand Prix Race, participation in various provincial Awana-hosted activities such as Awana Games, and Outings which would encourage parent and children participation.
We have over 25 trained leaders and secretaries on our team, all very dedicated to serving children of Awana each week and fostering fellowship amongst each other. In the past year, the leader to child ratio has been close to 1:4.
Time and Fees
Awana Club meets at church from 4:15 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. every Saturday, with the exception of Statutory Holidays and major holidays such as Easter, Christmas, New Years, and Spring Break. Registration fee is $65 per child.
Come register with the Awana secretary during our weekly club meeting.
Upcoming Special Events in 2019
- February 9: Cubbies Theme Day – Valentine’s Day (Special Section)
- February 9: Sparks Theme Day – Fruit of the Spirit Day
- February 9: T&T Birthday Celebration
- February 16: Family Day Holiday – Awana OFF
- February 23: Sparks Grand Prix Preparation
- March 2, 9: Sparks Grand Prix Preparation
- March 16: Sparks Grand Prix Competition
- March 22-23: T&T Sleepover
- March 23, 30: Spring Break Holidays – Awana OFF
- April 13: Cubbies Theme Day – Easter: He is Risen! (Special Section)
- April 13: Sparks and T&T Theme Day – Twin Day
- April 20: Easter Holidays – Awana OFF
- May 11: Family Outing at Sunrise Park
- May 18: Victoria Day Holiday – Awana OFF
- June 1: Sparks Theme Day – Scavenger Hunt
- June 1: T&T Theme Day – Choose Your Team Day
- June 22: Year End Ceremony