We are pleased to advise that Vancouver Chinese Evangelical Free Church can accept offering payment by way of Interac e-Transfer. We have enabled an Autodeposit* feature with our Financial Institution that enables us to receive e-Transfers without having to answer a security question. The procedures are as follows:
1. After you have got onto your on-line banking, you have to click on “e-Transfer” tab to proceed.
2. Add New Payee (or Contact) for the first time of e-transfer:
• Recipient Name: VCEFC (usually there is limited space for input, our Church’s full name “The Vancouver Chinese Evangelical Free Church” may be too long.)
• Recipient Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (this is the most important information, please make sure your spelling is right)
3. When you do the e-transfer,
(a) Enter the amount of donation; and
(b) Look for the message box (200 to 400 characters limit depending on your bank) on the web page and enter:
• Your (Donor’s) Full Name: It is important if you want to receive a tax receipt.
• Congregation: CSC / ESC / MSC.
• Fund Designations and amounts of each fund: General / Building / Missions / Benevolent / Others (please specify).
General Fund ($xxx)
Mission Fund ($YYY)
Please make sure the total of your designations matches that of transfer amount.
4. For some financial institutions other than RBC, you may need to activate the e-Transfer by setting up security question and answer as directed. There is no need to notify the Church of the security questions and answer.
5. After your e-transfer, you will receive a confirmation email from your bank, indicating that you have completed the process. Please keep the email for future reference for, at least, the current taxation year.